Saturday, July 3, 2010

Someday...

Last week I watched the latest Tom Cruise movie, Knight and Day. I am not a fan of Mr. Cruise, but a line from this movie really hit me. Before I get accused of "overanalyzing", let me set the scene...

Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise were chatting on a plane. Cameron's character was telling Tom's character of all the things that she would like to do... "someday." It was her, Bucket List, if you will. Tom responded by saying "Someday. That's a dangerous word. It's really just a code word for 'never'."

A week later, his words still ring in my head. Maybe I should say that Mr. Patrick O'Neill's, feature film writer, words still ring in my head. I don't know if it was because I was having a conversation with a friend earlier in the day about things I would like to do "someday" or if it was something else. Howe4ver, it truly made me thinking about the things that I want to do "someday". For example, someday I want to continue writing my blog. And here I am! Although this blog entry might be lacking, I am still doing it. Someday I want to run a half-marathon. I am starting my training on Sunday. Someday I want to lose 50lbs. I've already lost over 30.

So, quit saying "someday" and start setting goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment